Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Pole climbing orgasm?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Fran
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Feb 2004
Posts: 530
Location: Coruña (Spain)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Pole climbing orgasm? Reply with quote

When I was little (8-9 years old) I used to feel something... weird when I had to climb the pole in PE class. Some years later I learned that what I felt was very close to an orgasm (I experienced it again once, years later). I always thought that I had a short circuit somewhere :D, but today I was reading something that mentioned a similar experience. So I googled "pole climbing orgasm" and it seems to be quite common 8O

Have you experienced something similar? Do you know of a page that explains why the hell we can have almost instantaneous orgasms when climbing poles? :lol: (note that the pole/rope doesn't touch any erogenous zone, just hands and thighs).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drizek
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 Jan 2006
Posts: 32
Location: Believe in America

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you at a strip club?
_________________
Stand With Mittens
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sts
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 97

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on, I've got to go find a pole...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slycordinator
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 3065
Location: Korea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Pole climbing orgasm? Reply with quote

Fran wrote:
I always thought that I had a short circuit somewhere :D, but today I was reading something that mentioned a similar experience.
How does other people experiencing the same thing mean you don't have a "short circuit'? There's bound to be multiple people with the same short circuit. :P
_________________
My political stance/bias
slycordinator != slycoordinator
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fran
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Feb 2004
Posts: 530
Location: Coruña (Spain)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drizek wrote:
Were you at a strip club?

Not that kind of poles, this kind of poles :P

slycordinator wrote:
There's bound to be multiple people with the same short circuit.

Well, yeah, that's possible :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fran
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Feb 2004
Posts: 530
Location: Coruña (Spain)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, some of the (many) links describing something similar:

http://www.fluther.com/disc/21205/do-girls-get-that-funny-feeling-when-they-climb-the-rope/ (<- no, not only girls)
http://msgboard.snopes.com/message/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/93/t/000923/p/1.html
http://isabellasnow.blogspot.com/2008/05/mysterious-orgasms.html (NSFW?)
http://www.thundersplace.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42191


But I want an explanation!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slycordinator
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 3065
Location: Korea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explanation? It's called masturbation. Rubbing something against your penis often leads to sexual arousal.

I'm surprised i have to explain this.
_________________
My political stance/bias
slycordinator != slycoordinator
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atrus123
Guru
Guru


Joined: 06 Jul 2005
Posts: 339
Location: Annapolis, MD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slycordinator wrote:
Explanation? It's called masturbation. Rubbing something against your penis often leads to sexual arousal.

I'm surprised i have to explain this.

Oh, is that why that happens?
_________________
"I cannot support a movement that exploded spending and borrowing and blames its successor for the debt."
-Andrew Sullivan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fran
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Feb 2004
Posts: 530
Location: Coruña (Spain)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slycordinator wrote:
Explanation? It's called masturbation. Rubbing something against your penis often leads to sexual arousal.

I'm surprised i have to explain this.

Duh, read again. I explicitly said that "the pole/rope doesn't touch any erogenous zone".

(edit)
Quote:
Has nothing to do with the rope touching the vagina. When it happened to me when I was younger, there was no rope involved. Simply trying to do pull ups could make it happen. I’m tellin ya… It’s just the pressure. And the army would love me, because no one ever knew when it happened. :D


Quote:
As a male I too experienced it while climbing a pole in the school yard and the more I strained to hold on the more intense the feeling. It came to be known to me as the Orgasm. Except this was a prolonged orgasm. I have 42 inch biceps today. Kidding. But the other is true…


Quote:
That sound logical, but my clit wasn't pressed to the pole, believe it or not. I was in that position of hoisting onself up in the air -- my inner thighs were about as close as I got, because the sensation was too strong. If I could have closed my legs properly, I probably couldve managed to shimmy up!


Quote:
First off, I'm a guy. When I was a young kid (pre-pubertal) my brother taught me to have an orgasm by hanging onto a tree limb and pulling up. Not only did you have to pull up with your arms, you had to lift your knees as high as possible and pump both arms and legs. It was an amazing feeling (and, by the way, involved no pressure on my genitals at all). I discovered that climbing poles and ropes worked equally well.


...

So, nobody else in OTW? :P
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slycordinator
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 3065
Location: Korea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still scratching my head how you think the thigh (especially the inner part which would be the only part that I'd imagine would touch the rope at all) isn't an erogenous zone.
_________________
My political stance/bias
slycordinator != slycoordinator
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wah_wah_69
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 26 Aug 2003
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall having a similar experience but I wouldn't describe it as an orgasm, it was more like an state of awareness of danger/new situation, maybe increased by the friction of the rope, I think it's something primates have hardwired.

I remember feeling that way only the first time I climbed up, I felt less strange and more in control the second time.

Definitely not an orgasm, to my standards at least.
_________________
Be good and if you can't be good, be careful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fran
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Feb 2004
Posts: 530
Location: Coruña (Spain)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slycordinator wrote:
I'm still scratching my head how you think the thigh (especially the inner part which would be the only part that I'd imagine would touch the rope at all) isn't an erogenous zone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erogenous_zone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slycordinator
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 3065
Location: Korea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm well aware what an erogenous zone is. I'm telling you that the inner thigh is one. Sure, it's not mentioned in the wikipedia article but the inner thigh is definitely an area sensitive to touch in this manner, making it an erogenous zone.
_________________
My political stance/bias
slycordinator != slycoordinator
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fran
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Feb 2004
Posts: 530
Location: Coruña (Spain)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slycordinator wrote:
Sure, it's not mentioned in the wikipedia article but the inner thigh is definitely an area sensitive to touch in this manner, making it an erogenous zone.

Maybe psychologically. But not physiologically. And I'm pretty sure that when I was 9 years old I was not old enough to get my mind excited by something touching my thighs, much less a wooden pole.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 6111
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fran wrote:
slycordinator wrote:
Sure, it's not mentioned in the wikipedia article but the inner thigh is definitely an area sensitive to touch in this manner, making it an erogenous zone.

Maybe psychologically. But not physiologically. And I'm pretty sure that when I was 9 years old I was not old enough to get my mind excited by something touching my thighs, much less a wooden pole.


(we) humans are very sexual creatures - even kids are already very sexual / experimenting with sexuality,

you know ? ;)
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.9.0
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/pulseaudio-equalizer-ladspa

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fran
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Feb 2004
Posts: 530
Location: Coruña (Spain)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kernelOfTruth wrote:
Fran wrote:
slycordinator wrote:
Sure, it's not mentioned in the wikipedia article but the inner thigh is definitely an area sensitive to touch in this manner, making it an erogenous zone.

Maybe psychologically. But not physiologically. And I'm pretty sure that when I was 9 years old I was not old enough to get my mind excited by something touching my thighs, much less a wooden pole.


(we) humans are very sexual creatures - even kids are already very sexual / experimenting with sexuality,

you know ? ;)

Believe me: it was NOT psychological. Just trying to climb the pole meant an almost INSTANTANEOUS sensation. And FFS, forget about the pole. Many people in the posts I linked talk about climbing ropes, where you don't have something hard biting your thighs. One of them even gets them by doing pull ups!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 6111
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fran wrote:
kernelOfTruth wrote:
Fran wrote:
slycordinator wrote:
Sure, it's not mentioned in the wikipedia article but the inner thigh is definitely an area sensitive to touch in this manner, making it an erogenous zone.

Maybe psychologically. But not physiologically. And I'm pretty sure that when I was 9 years old I was not old enough to get my mind excited by something touching my thighs, much less a wooden pole.


(we) humans are very sexual creatures - even kids are already very sexual / experimenting with sexuality,

you know ? ;)

Believe me: it was NOT psychological. Just trying to climb the pole meant an almost INSTANTANEOUS sensation. And FFS, forget about the pole. Many people in the posts I linked talk about climbing ropes, where you don't have something hard biting your thighs. One of them even gets them by doing pull ups!


ok, I gotta read through those links you posted

thanks !

orgasms without touching your "schlong" ? :D

I need a HOWTO :lol:
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.9.0
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/pulseaudio-equalizer-ladspa

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slycordinator
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 3065
Location: Korea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fran wrote:
Maybe psychologically. But not physiologically.
Because wikipedia says so? Or do you have something real to back this up?

Fran wrote:
And I'm pretty sure that when I was 9 years old I was not old enough to get my mind excited by something touching my thighs, much less a wooden pole.
And I'm pretty sure that orgasm is controlled by the CNS rather than your conscious mind.
_________________
My political stance/bias
slycordinator != slycoordinator
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 6111
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slycordinator wrote:
Fran wrote:
Maybe psychologically. But not physiologically.
Because wikipedia says so? Or do you have something real to back this up?

Fran wrote:
And I'm pretty sure that when I was 9 years old I was not old enough to get my mind excited by something touching my thighs, much less a wooden pole.
And I'm pretty sure that orgasm is controlled by the CNS rather than your conscious mind.


++
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.9.0
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/pulseaudio-equalizer-ladspa

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slycordinator
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 3065
Location: Korea

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fran wrote:
And FFS, forget about the pole. Many people in the posts I linked talk about climbing ropes, where you don't have something hard biting your thighs. One of them even gets them by doing pull ups!
Could be related to the endorphin release that comes from exercise. Some of the same endorphins are released in abundance during orgasm...
_________________
My political stance/bias
slycordinator != slycoordinator
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2045
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never able to climb the pole (or rope) but when I had to do pull ups I got cramps in my right foot. Does that count as 'funny feeling'?
_________________
Study finds stunning lack of racial, gender, and economic diversity among middle-class white males

I identify as a dirty penismensch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fran
Guru
Guru


Joined: 29 Feb 2004
Posts: 530
Location: Coruña (Spain)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slycordinator wrote:
Because wikipedia says so? Or do you have something real to back this up?

I don't know what the wikipedia says about them. I'm just saying that there is not any special concentration of nerves in the thighs, so if you get excited by touching them it's probably psychological.

Do you have anything to back up the fact that it is an erogenous zone?

slycordinator wrote:
And I'm pretty sure that orgasm is controlled by the CNS rather than your conscious mind.

I did not mention orgasms. I was talking about erogenous zones.

slycordinator wrote:
Could be related to the endorphin release that comes from exercise

I doubt it. It's a VERY specific exercise. I finally found something, but it only talks about women. But I'm the same as this guy commenting the article:
Quote:
I read an article about the female coregasm and it did not surprise me because I discovered this myself when I was about twelve. I am one hundred percent Male. I was actually able to climax while performing pull-ups by simply spreading, raising my legs while at the same time engaging my core muscles, all while hanging from the pull-up bar. Out of curiousity, I recently tried this again, I am now twenty six years old, and surprise! It still works!

So it seems to be related to straining your upper body while raising your legs (what you do when you climb). But I haven't tried since then...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cach0rr0
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 13 Nov 2008
Posts: 4123
Location: Houston, Republic of Texas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boy this is certainly one of the more awkward threads I've read on OTW
_________________
Lost configuring your system?
dump lspci -n here | see Pappy's guide | Link Stash
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 6111
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slycordinator wrote:
Explanation? It's called masturbation. Rubbing something against your penis often leads to sexual arousal.

I'm surprised i have to explain this.


I've read through those posts and it's certainly not masturbation in the classical sense

excuse me Sir but I need to think were I can do some rope climbing :o
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.9.0
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/pulseaudio-equalizer-ladspa

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D


Last edited by kernelOfTruth on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plbe
l33t
l33t


Joined: 01 May 2004
Posts: 661

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you get aroused by long poles. You and cokehabit should get along well. :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum