Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
A decent dissection of the 'liberal' mindset
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Amity88
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 246
Location: Third planet from the Sun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: A decent dissection of the 'liberal' mindset Reply with quote

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/what-explains-the-idiocy-of-the-liberal-elite-its-their-education/

The article imo seems to clearly point out the left-wing mindset and matches my own observations. This mindset seems to be strong with people who are still in uni or those who've just graduated.

Quote:
What does ‘educated’ mean today? It doesn’t mean they know a lot about the world. It means they have been injected with the views and assumptions of their teachers.


Quote:
he academic world is overwhelmingly left-wing and the textbooks spin to the left. They distort the facts or omit them.


Quote:
It is not teaching children to challenge ideas and think for themselves. This is anti-education: teaching them what they must think.

This is what I hate the most. A lot of the 'liberals' think they're critical thinkers when they're just parroting stuff they've been brainwashed with. Thoughts challenging that are like blasphemy/evil. Quite often they try to take a pseudo moral high ground to shut down arguments.

Quote:
One of the most important things schools and universities teach is that the students must never, under any circumstances, be suspected of racism.

Often they want to be 'seen' as holding the moral high grounds. They're conforming to a norm and trying to keep appearance of being the good guy. It's like keeping a scoreboard of moral points. Logic doesn't matter, only the appearance of doing what's touted as the right thing.

Quote:
They think they are superior and therefore their view should prevail. They also think they are morally superior because they hold to the views which they were told were virtuous.

I've seen this a lot among that crowd. There is a mindset that everyone else are idiots and they're the ascended ones with superior morals/views. Nevermind the fact that they're talking about areas where they have no expertise/experience in.
_________________
Ant P. wrote:
The enterprise distros sell their binaries. Canonical sells their users.


Also... Be ignorant... Be happy! :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1611
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The left is all about controlling people (for the "greater good", of course). And, naturally, the more control, the more "good". Extreme collectivism is impossible without authoritarianism.

The best way to control behavior is "voluntarily", meaning you control people's thinking. The real world is complicated, so the best way to control people's thinking is to make things simple and obliterate the parts of reality that don't encourage the desired behavior. You do that by lying.

They lie bald-faced to each other and even to themselves. The more audacious the lie, the more they believe it. Ignorance is strength. It wasn't a terrorist attack. It's why they were shocked to the point of PTSD when Hillary didn't win. They drink their own Kool Aid.

Even the leftists know they are full of shit, and they have no problem with it. Lying is what they do. To them, lies that are the party line are equivalent to the truth. For example, look here at Biden getting called out by a fellow Democrat on a bunch of accepted "facts" they've been telling people about the Obama years vs Trump (for example, contrary to the belly-aching about Trump putting children in cages because he's a racist, the truth is that Obama put more children in cages than Trump).

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-ramos-grills-biden-for-lying-about-his-record-biden-snaps
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 250
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to dissect more liberal's brains to get a better understanding.
_________________
Pronouns: My Lord, His Lordship

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
o'bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 91
Location: Detroit, Michigan - The Home of Rock and Roll

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During a biology class discussion, members of the class were talking about how they hated how religious anti-science people were ruining education. I pointed out that the Dugger family, who faced much consternation from these class members, was beating them at evolution.

The professor was bemused.
_________________
"History began on July 4,1776. Everything before that was a mistake." -Ron Swanson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1051
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o'bogamol wrote:
During a biology class discussion, members of the class were talking about how they hated how religious anti-science people were ruining education. I pointed out that the Dugger family, who faced much consternation from these class members, was beating them at evolution.

The professor was bemused.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Beautiful
_________________
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" ~ Dorothy Parker
2020 is the year of the Linux Desktop!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1611
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o'bogamol wrote:
During a biology class discussion, members of the class were talking about how they hated how religious anti-science people were ruining education. I pointed out that the Dugger family, who faced much consternation from these class members, was beating them at evolution.

The professor was bemused.

Homo sapiens beat subjectively superior Homo neanderthalensis at evolution too. Idiocracy is a winning strategy. We will probably be rendered extinct by a virus, which is arguably too primitive a product of evolution to even be called an organism. In truth, bacteria is the dominant form of life, not humans.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru


Joined: 19 Sep 2004
Posts: 458
Location: /US/Georgia/Atlanta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What’s fascinated me the most about the modern Left in the US is just how religious they are - at least with the experiences I have had even in the South, but I’ve also seen this echoed in the media I consume as well. If you’re to separate out religious behavior into the spiritual and dogmatic, they’d definitely fall on the dogmatic side, in their love of imposing changes on systems and institutions which in turn impose changes on the reprobates who just can’t mentally wrap their heads around the holy mission. If they can’t understand the holy texts, the least they can do is to get them to perform the rituals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerwylie wrote:
What’s fascinated me the most about the modern Left in the US is just how religious they are - at least with the experiences I have had even in the South, but I’ve also seen this echoed in the media I consume as well. If you’re to separate out religious behavior into the spiritual and dogmatic, they’d definitely fall on the dogmatic side, in their love of imposing changes on systems and institutions which in turn impose changes on the reprobates who just can’t mentally wrap their heads around the holy mission. If they can’t understand the holy texts, the least they can do is to get them to perform the rituals.

Do you at least have an anecdote to go with your stereotype?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1611
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
tylerwylie wrote:
What’s fascinated me the most about the modern Left in the US is just how religious they are - at least with the experiences I have had even in the South, but I’ve also seen this echoed in the media I consume as well. If you’re to separate out religious behavior into the spiritual and dogmatic, they’d definitely fall on the dogmatic side, in their love of imposing changes on systems and institutions which in turn impose changes on the reprobates who just can’t mentally wrap their heads around the holy mission. If they can’t understand the holy texts, the least they can do is to get them to perform the rituals.

Do you at least have an anecdote to go with your stereotype?

Holy cow. tylerwylie you sound like an intellectual! The years have been good, to your brain at least.

Richard, you don't need an anecdote with the sound of "Hope and change!" still echoing in our ears and the same hippies who both started and then lost the Vietnam War peeing on each other's legs for political power to either benefit hypocritically or make one last Quixotic attempt to rationalize their ignorant idealism. It's all around you; how many anecdotes do you want. Your anecdotes are lined up on the stage wagging their finger at you; they're blasting idiocracy at you from the screen of your boob tube.
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru


Joined: 19 Sep 2004
Posts: 458
Location: /US/Georgia/Atlanta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
richk449 wrote:
tylerwylie wrote:
What’s fascinated me the most about the modern Left in the US is just how religious they are - at least with the experiences I have had even in the South, but I’ve also seen this echoed in the media I consume as well. If you’re to separate out religious behavior into the spiritual and dogmatic, they’d definitely fall on the dogmatic side, in their love of imposing changes on systems and institutions which in turn impose changes on the reprobates who just can’t mentally wrap their heads around the holy mission. If they can’t understand the holy texts, the least they can do is to get them to perform the rituals.

Do you at least have an anecdote to go with your stereotype?

Holy cow. tylerwylie you sound like an intellectual! The years have been good, to your brain at least.

Richard, you don't need an anecdote with the sound of "Hope and change!" still echoing in our ears and the same hippies who both started and then lost the Vietnam War peeing on each other's legs for political power to either benefit hypocritically or make one last Quixotic attempt to rationalize their ignorant idealism. It's all around you; how many anecdotes do you want. Your anecdotes are lined up on the stage wagging their finger at you; they're blasting idiocracy at you from the screen of your boob tube.
Thank you for your kind words BK. I credit it to introspection and a lot of changes leading to positive outcomes in my life, across the board. And an inordinate amount of saturated fat consumption. Probably some combination of the two lol.

@richk449, the most glaringly obvious thing I can think of as far as an anecdote would be the ‘mandatory compliance training’ that a lot of tech companies are subjecting their employees to, specifically with regards to topics like diversity, inclusivity, and equity. I’ve had to go through this a few times now and the approach to these topics, at least to me, appears to be somewhat unidimensional and dogmatically driven. To follow along with the spirit of my earlier post, there can only be one official interpretation of the holy texts and to explore other possibilities would be misogynistic, racist, and exclusionary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1051
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a related note :

Report: Mansplaining Down But Woman Confusion Up
_________________
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" ~ Dorothy Parker
2020 is the year of the Linux Desktop!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Amity88
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 246
Location: Third planet from the Sun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerwylie wrote:
now and the approach to these topics, at least to me, appears to be somewhat unidimensional and dogmatically driven. To follow along with the spirit of my earlier post, there can only be one official interpretation of the holy texts and to explore other possibilities would be misogynistic, racist, and exclusionary.


This is so true. From what I've seen, the left-wing looks at their beliefs the same way as religion. "There can be only one interpretation.", "Any criticism is blasphemy (how dare you!?)". When shit doesn't go their way, it seen like the Devil is walking on earth. Anything that doesn't agree with their viewpoint is considered 'Evil'

Actually, they should end with this false dichotomy for left vs right wing. You also need to talk about how dogmatic/authoritarian vs liberal (true) they are. Clearly you can have liberal right wing and authoritarian left wing.

@ Old School
@ Muso
:lol:
_________________
Ant P. wrote:
The enterprise distros sell their binaries. Canonical sells their users.


Also... Be ignorant... Be happy! :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1051
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amity88 wrote:
tylerwylie wrote:
now and the approach to these topics, at least to me, appears to be somewhat unidimensional and dogmatically driven. To follow along with the spirit of my earlier post, there can only be one official interpretation of the holy texts and to explore other possibilities would be misogynistic, racist, and exclusionary.


This is so true. From what I've seen, the left-wing looks at their beliefs the same way as religion. "There can be only one interpretation.", "Any criticism is blasphemy (how dare you!?)". When shit doesn't go their way, it seen like the Devil is walking on earth. Anything that doesn't agree with their viewpoint is considered 'Evil'

Actually, they should end with this false dichotomy for left vs right wing. You also need to talk about how dogmatic/authoritarian vs liberal (true) they are. Clearly you can have liberal right wing and authoritarian left wing.


If you look at history, leftist revolutions replaced religion with a fanatical cult of the state. The Soviet Union did this, China did this, and the most blatant example of North Korea did this on steroids.

The modern WOKE religion of socialist intersectional feminist slam poets takes this to an incredibly stupid new level. Now virtue is defined by how pathetic one is. The more pathetic one is, the more "important" the voice. This is like having a candidate for the presidency state that she will let a transsexual 9 year old decide who will be the Secretary of Education. Elizabeth Warren, Americas best 1/1024 native, actually said she would do this.

It is religion, and it's even more ridiculous than the bronze age religions that rule the planet.
_________________
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" ~ Dorothy Parker
2020 is the year of the Linux Desktop!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1414

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This all is consequence of overprotecting parents who fear their only one child might die. Normally there is a purpose that four years old children are little and therefore can fall or can beat each other without hurting. I have seen a college lecture about parenting young children on campus somewhere in the U.S. Shown were six year old german children working with sharp knifes and scissors, how they are going alone to school around two blocks etc. Which was astonishing to american students.

If a little child isn't allowed to get hurt and experience life then "micro-aggression" in college might also be life threatening ....

Also it is an american special to have to overcome racism. Lynching just get a federal crime yesterday.

So, don't think what is ideological incrusted as so called "liberal" in the U.S. is seen as left-wing in the outer world. If you think of the parisienne Charlie-Hebdo people, how they criticize everything, thats the kind of unrespectful thinking the left-wing does in Europe. And here we call the right-wing thinkers Neo-Liberal.


Last edited by ulenrich on Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1051
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Lynching just get a federal crime yesterday.


Prime example of what I keep saying. Murder has always been illegal. Lynching is murder, therefore it was already illegal.

Democrats invent bullshit for theatrical reasons and people who are naive just believe their narrative. You fell for it.

Do you see?
_________________
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" ~ Dorothy Parker
2020 is the year of the Linux Desktop!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
Lynching just get a federal crime yesterday.


Prime example of what I keep saying. Murder has always been illegal. Lynching is murder, therefore it was already illegal.

Democrats invent bullshit for theatrical reasons and people who are naive just believe their narrative. You fell for it.

Do you see?

The only thing you could get out of his post was to take one sentence out of context?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1414

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
Lynching just get a federal crime yesterday.


Prime example of what I keep saying. Murder has always been illegal. Lynching is murder, therefore it was already illegal.

Democrats invent bullshit for theatrical reasons and people who are naive just believe their narrative. You fell for it.

Do you see?
You don't tell any argument new to me. Do you see?
But you don't acknowledge why lynching was epidemic! And why making it a federal law now is making a closing point to that history. Which is why Republicans have voted for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1414

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A transformative religious experience descibed in a way a left-wing atheist gets interested.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1051
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Muso wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
Lynching just get a federal crime yesterday.


Prime example of what I keep saying. Murder has always been illegal. Lynching is murder, therefore it was already illegal.

Democrats invent bullshit for theatrical reasons and people who are naive just believe their narrative. You fell for it.

Do you see?
You don't tell any argument new to me. Do you see?
But you don't acknowledge why lynching was epidemic! And why making it a federal law now is making a closing point to that history. Which is why Republicans have voted for it.


Lynching was an epidemic by democrats against blacks and republicans after the civil war. It continued with the KKK (the KKK are democrats) against blacks into the first 1/2 of the 20th century, Lynching has not been an issue for decades, and was never an issue with people who weren't democrats.

The democrat party is trying to wash away their disgusting history with this stunt. You FELL FOR IT. YOU KEEP BELIEVING THEIR NARRATIVE.

Just stop trusting what they say and research.
_________________
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" ~ Dorothy Parker
2020 is the year of the Linux Desktop!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1414

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
The democrat party is trying to wash away their disgusting history with this stunt. You FELL FOR IT. YOU KEEP BELIEVING THEIR NARRATIVE.
Nobody who knows history FELL for something. I already said "closing point to that history". If it is an open book of history this symbolic law is not a lie or NARRATIVE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1051
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich

The American civil war was between Northern Republicans and Southern Democrats. The Democrats were (are) the party of slavery. You really need to understand this.
_________________
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" ~ Dorothy Parker
2020 is the year of the Linux Desktop!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1414

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
ulenrich

The American civil war was between Northern Republicans and Southern Democrats. The Democrats were (are) the party of slavery. You really need to understand this.
I already know. And the 1972 nomination process turned away the rest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1051
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Muso wrote:
ulenrich

The American civil war was between Northern Republicans and Southern Democrats. The Democrats were (are) the party of slavery. You really need to understand this.
I already know. And the 1972 nomination process turned away the rest.


So why do you, by default, believe their talking points?
_________________
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" ~ Dorothy Parker
2020 is the year of the Linux Desktop!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Amity88
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 246
Location: Third planet from the Sun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
This all is consequence of overprotecting parents who fear their only one child might die. Normally there is a purpose that four years old children are little and therefore can fall or can beat each other without hurting. I have seen a college lecture about parenting young children on campus somewhere in the U.S. Shown were six year old german children working with sharp knifes and scissors, how they are going alone to school around two blocks etc. Which was astonishing to american students.

If a little child isn't allowed to get hurt and experience life then "micro-aggression" in college might also be life threatening ....


Helicopter parenting may have a role like you said, but your focus being entirely on safe-spaces feels like a strawman.


ulenrich wrote:

So, don't think what is ideological incrusted as so called "liberal" in the U.S. is seen as left-wing in the outer world. If you think of the parisienne Charlie-Hebdo people, how they criticize everything, thats the kind of unrespectful thinking the left-wing does in Europe. And here we call the right-wing thinkers Neo-Liberal.


'liberals' in the US is anything but. Referring to them as just left-wing is far more accurate. Here is a case study outside of the US where a left leaning government drove out entrepreneurs in the name of communism which eventually lead to their economy being ruined. Evnetually there were too few job-creators and people have to migrate elsewhere for work.

Anyhow, I'm sure that there are left-wing ideas that are reasonable. The ones that I find quite annoying are these:

    1. Arguing that the workers of a company should get all the profits without considering the owner's contibution (capital, risk, leadership).
    2. On top of this, is the idea that the owner possessing that wealth (initial capital) is theft. So, if someone works harder/smarter, shouldn't they be rewarded proportionally?
    3. Then there is forced-diversity disregarding merit which ultimately would bring down the overall quality. I've seen this ruin a place I worked for.
    4. On a related note are the freebies to undeserving people (economic migrants who contribute nothing in return, lazy bums gaming welfare schemes etc)
    5. Worse of all is the virtue-signalling while trying to sound morally superior to shut down genuine arguments.

_________________
Ant P. wrote:
The enterprise distros sell their binaries. Canonical sells their users.


Also... Be ignorant... Be happy! :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 1709
Location: Switzerland (Romandie)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandmother witnessed 2 world wars and each time we discussed about that, she always reminded me to never forget than in Nazi is the world socialism.

I don't think the right is better. After all, it is the right allied with the socialists which voted together the war budget for the first world war. The left are social-traitors when the right are just "normal" psychopaths. Their only fear at both sides is than ordinary peoples get it, cease to go their wars and return their weapons against them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum