Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[SOLVED]install plank give me this error
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wenzi
n00b
n00b


Joined: 18 Jan 2019
Posts: 56

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED]install plank give me this error Reply with quote

when I install plank give me this error,what can I do?
Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-libs/libxslt[python]".
(dependency required by "x11-libs/bamf-0.5.4::elementary" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "x11-misc/plank-0.11.89::elementary" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "plank" [argument])
emerge -av libxslt
[ebuild R ] dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.33-r1::gentoo USE="crypt -debug -examples (-python) -static-libs" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 0 KiB


Last edited by wenzi on Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ionen
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 06 Dec 2018
Posts: 1438

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USE=python on libxslt is being dropped due to requiring python2, the flag still exists (for now) but won't function even if unmasked given its libxml2[python] dependency doesn't support py2.7 either.

Not familiar with plank to know if it can work without it, would need to get in touch with the overlay maintainer.
Edit: reworded a few things to be cleared


Last edited by Ionen on Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Posts: 46743
Location: 56N 3W

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wenzi,

Well, plank wants dev-libs/libxslt built with USE=python.
However dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.33-r1::gentoo USE="crypt -debug -examples (-python) -static-libs" python is forced off in your profile.

USE=python is masked pending removal. Its gone in =dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.34-r1

You need to unmask USE=python for dev-libs/libxslt, then it can be enabled.
This is a get you going thing only.
When dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.33-r1 is removed from portage, thats the end of the road.
_________________
Regards,

NeddySeagoon

Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 24792
Location: here

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The python use flag from <=dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.34 packages was masked because python use flag only support python2_7.
As workaround you can unmask python use flag from =dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.34 package.
Open a new issue on elementary github page.
_________________
Questions are guaranteed in life; Answers aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ionen
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 06 Dec 2018
Posts: 1438

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fedeliallalinea wrote:
As workaround you can unmask python use flag from =dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.34 package.
Haven't tried but I don't think it's an option because:
Code:
    python? (
        ${PYTHON_DEPS}
        dev-libs/libxml2:2[python,${PYTHON_USEDEP}]
    )
And then all libxml2 versions currently in tree don't have python2_7 support anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 24792
Location: here

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ionen wrote:
And then all libxml2 versions currently in tree don't have python2_7 support anymore.

On my system python use flag (masked) an python_targets are present
Code:
$ emerge -pv '=dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.34'
[ebuild     UD ] dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.34::gentoo [1.1.34-r1::gentoo] USE="crypt -debug -examples (-python) -static-libs" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" PYTHON_TARGETS="-python2_7%" 0 KiB

_________________
Questions are guaranteed in life; Answers aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ionen
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 06 Dec 2018
Posts: 1438

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant its dependency, libxslt with python2_7 seem to need libxml2 with python2_7 as well, however that was removed few weeks ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva


Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 24792
Location: here

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ionen wrote:
I meant its dependency, libxslt with python2_7 seem to need libxml2 with python2_7 as well, however that was removed a month ago.

Sorry, you right, I read wrong.
_________________
Questions are guaranteed in life; Answers aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wenzi
n00b
n00b


Joined: 18 Jan 2019
Posts: 56

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeddySeagoon wrote:
wenzi,

Well, plank wants dev-libs/libxslt built with USE=python.
However dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.33-r1::gentoo USE="crypt -debug -examples (-python) -static-libs" python is forced off in your profile.

USE=python is masked pending removal. Its gone in =dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.34-r1

You need to unmask USE=python for dev-libs/libxslt, then it can be enabled.
This is a get you going thing only.
When dev-libs/libxslt-1.1.33-r1 is removed from portage, thats the end of the road.

sorry ,how can I unmask the USE=python
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Posts: 46743
Location: 56N 3W

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wenzi,

You modify your profile locally by using /etc/portage/profile. That's a directory. You need to create it.
Inside, you only create the files and directories that you need.

There are two files that you may want to consider
package.use.mask and use.mask
One allows per package mask changes, the other is system wide.

The detail is in
Code:
man portage
bun its not easy reading.

I would start with package.use.mask entries since you want to let python2 go as much as you can.

This will change (-python) to -python, or maybe python if you have python in global use.
_________________
Regards,

NeddySeagoon

Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wenzi
n00b
n00b


Joined: 18 Jan 2019
Posts: 56

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeddySeagoon wrote:
wenzi,

You modify your profile locally by using /etc/portage/profile. That's a directory. You need to create it.
Inside, you only create the files and directories that you need.

There are two files that you may want to consider
package.use.mask and use.mask
One allows per package mask changes, the other is system wide.

The detail is in
Code:
man portage
bun its not easy reading.

I would start with package.use.mask entries since you want to let python2 go as much as you can.

This will change (-python) to -python, or maybe python if you have python in global use.

Thanks.
it's works,but the libxml2 must <libxml2-2.9.10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Posts: 46743
Location: 56N 3W

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wenzi,

Python2 is going away, so its not a long term solution.
You need all the bits upgraded to either support Python3 or not use Python at all.
_________________
Regards,

NeddySeagoon

Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum